Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A New Blog

Today I'm starting this new blog -- who cares? I say that because I know in the blog world it's just you and this big white box you type in. Well that said, I'm going to make a good effort here to write about and focus on the issues of food, losing weight, how I feel about my body and aging. No light topic and certainly ones that receive excess attention. But this one is about me.

I lost 100 pounds and I have gained back 30. Sucks huh! At my lowest I was a lovely size 10 and now 14's are getting tight. To some, size 10 may not be a goal but I'll take it. I don't like that I feel the pounds are back. I'm terrifired to weigh myself. How do I know...my size 12 jeans are TIGHT, I'm spilling out of my bra, and my rings are getting tight. What else does one need to know.

I'm having serious issues with motivation. I struggle with eating at night..mostly after dinner. I can all day and have a great day but when 8 pm hits..I wanna eat. I like to exercise and walk once I get my butt out the door. I play a lot of head games with myself getting there.

I'd love to have a network of people where I can come and get support and share ideas but I know that is a lofty goal for a blog. I'll just be content with coming here and getting things out, working it out at my keyboard and hopefully this will help me.

This weekend we had a party which meant party food in the house. This morning I tried to get rid of things. The cake is GONE, the chips are GONE! This will help because I have no will power when it's in the house.

btw...I am 50..that's my story and I'm sticking with it. I'm going kicking and screaming into this next decade of my life and I want to feel BETTER. I'd like to weigh 150. I don't know what I weigh right now because I'm afraid to get on the scale but I'm pretty sure it's 200. YUCK.

2 comments:

Wryly said...

Hi!
Just found your blog thru Sharon's comments.
Good luck on the weight loss. You've lost 100 so you have it in you to lost what you've regained - you just have to work at it!
At least you can get yourself out the door - when I get home from work it is next to impossible to motivate myself to go for a walk. Most of my exercise takes place in the morning - before work. But it is so tempting to just plop in front of the tv.
See you arond the blogsphere!

Laurie (TheSafestScents.com) said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog! Having a support group can be the best thing for you right now - just find a bunch of blogging friends and maybe you'll get that motivation! My weight loss has slowed down so much it's unreal, and I still want to lose a lot more!
Congrats on the new blog! Looking forward to seeing you drop that last 30! :)