Thursday, August 28, 2008

Good morning..

Still in stress mode getting through this first week of back to school. I have not been to the gym all week but I am trying to walk, do steps, and eat right. Sort of doing ok. Went out last night and I had a ceasar salad with grilled chicken..told them to leave off the cheese but I should have said dressing to the side. It had a lot of dressing on it. I couldn't even eat the whole thing. Plus they had great Italian bread to dip in olive oil and herbs. yummy. It was a birthday celebration but I had no cake!!!

I'm really thinking I want to try running again. I do walk with spurts of running but I don't have the right shoes and I think I need to either find a pair that is good for both walking and running or just get a pair of running shoes. I don't seem to have the stamina for long bouts of running but I try to run about 6-10 times during my one hour walk.

Breakfast...banana with bran cereal/no milk, 2 HB eggs. I think lunch will be Subway...6 inch turkey with veggies only and no dressing.

Have a good day.

3 comments:

Diana said...

I'm sure you'll do great with sticking to it! I have never ran, but am still thinking about doing the C25K (http://www.c25k.com/) thing to ease my way in. If you find some good shoes, let us know! I always have a battle with that...but with flipper feet I can't imagine it being easy!

Wryly said...

I always forget to ask for the dressing on the side, too. That is the good thing about fast food restaurants - everything comes in those little packets!
I'm trying running again - but at the gym on one of the machines. Just one little thing at a time and I'll get there eventually.

Hope your week gets better! And it is almost over. :-)

working at it said...

diana..thanks for that link. I just can't imagine ever being able to run for 3 minutes or more. I do have to find shoes, too. I'm still thinking about it but I'm sure it would be a good way to drop some pounds.